RootsTech Issues a Call for Presentations for 2015 Conference
SALT LAKE CITY, UT--RootsTech is a global family history event, hosted by FamilySearch, where people of all ages learn to discover and celebrate their family across generations. It reaches an audience of 150,000 attendees in-person, online, and through local family history fairs.
The RootsTech 2015 conference will be held on February 11–14, 2015, at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Content Committee is calling for dynamic presentations for the 2015 conference that inform and educate both those seeking to begin and those continuing to discover their family story through technology.
Presentation submissions will be accepted June 2 to June 27, 2014, through the Call for Presentations portal on RootsTech.org.
Presentations will be accepted for both RootsTech and the Innovator Summit.
- RootsTech is a three-day family history conference offering over 200 classes for beginners, avid hobbyists, and experienced researchers.
- Innovator Summit starts with a pre-RootsTech event on Wednesday, February 11. It is a unique opportunity for software developers, entrepreneurs, and technology business leaders to explore and influence technology solutions in the family history industry. Related classes will continue throughout the RootsTech conference.
In 2015, RootsTech and The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) are teaming up to offer two great conferences in one venue. Speakers interested in presenting at FGS can visit their website for more information.
RootsTech presentation submissions are requested for all family history and technology skill levels in the following categories:
- Finding and Organizing Records
- Preserving Your Work and Legacy
- Sharing and Collaboration
- Stories and Photos
- Tools, Technology, and Gadgets
- General Family History Topics
- Family Traditions and Lifestyle
- Innovator Development
- Business and Networking Opportunities
For more information, download the complete Call for Presentations document. It includes presentation and evaluation criteria, the submission timeline, and process details.
Questions regarding the RootsTech 2015 call for presentations can be emailed to the Content Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RootsTech is the largest family history conference in the world where people of all ages discover and share their family stories and connections through technology. Now in it's fifth year, RootsTech is an annual conference held in Salt Lake City, Utah. Hosted by FamilySearch and sponsored by leading genealogical organizations, the conference includes inspiring keynote speakers, hands-on demonstrations, and forums to provide a highly interactive environment and accelerate learning. Content is geared to young and old, beginner to advanced levels.